Donkervoort Automobielen B.V. (“Donkervoort” “us”, “we” or “our”), a company registered in the Netherlands with number 30058097 and with its head office at Pascallaan 96, 8218 NJ in Lelystad, The Netherlands, is committed to protecting the privacy of its members/users. We therefore process your data with the utmost care. With this privacy statement we inform you about our way of handling personal data.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
In this privacy statement we describe how we treat your personal data as controller.
2. What is personal data?
Information about an identified or identifiable natural person is considered personal data. Whether or not certain information must be qualified as personal data depends on whether Donkervoort has legal means that can reasonably be assumed to be used to identify a data subject. Information about your car, such as your license plate number and chassis number, for example, also qualifies as personal data to Donkervoort.
3. Personal data processed by Donkervoort
We process personal data about you because you provide information to us when entering into an agreement with us, when you use our services and provide us with data, or enable us to record information about your interests and preferences.
Information provided to us
When you enter into an agreement with Donkervoort, the following of your personal details are required:
- name and address;
- contact details (telephone numbers, e-mail addresses);
- date of birth;
- customer number (s);
- financial data (bank account information, offers, invoices).
In addition, in the context of the execution of an agreement with you or the provision of a service to you, Donkervoort processes the following data that can qualify as personal data:
- chassis number and model of your vehicle;
- registration number of your vehicle;
- technical data about your vehicle;
- maintenance history of your vehicle;
- ownership history of your vehicle (road registration data);
- other data relevant to the agreement concerned.
Information about the use of our services and / or products by you
If you use services from Donkervoort or otherwise have contact with us, we process – depending on the exact use you make of it – the following data that can be seen as personal data in the context of our service:
- your communication preferences and settings;
- your surfing behavior on our website, determined on the basis of our own observations or cookies (please refer to article 9 of this privacy statement for more information about cookies);
- data relating to your peripherals, such as a MAC address, IP address or others;
- customer satisfaction data.
4. Processing: foundations and legitimate interests
The processing of personal data takes place on the basis of the following principles from Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation:
2. Implementation of an agreement with you
3. Legal obligation
4. Fulfilling a task of general interest
5. A legitimate interest of Donkervoort or a third party
Justifiable interests include: marketing, advertising, security, (crime) prevention, IT management, research and analysis into own products or services, business management, legal affairs, internal management.
5. Purposes for the processing of personal data
Donkervoort processes your personal data for the purposes mentioned below. The figure behind each goal corresponds to the basis mentioned in article 5 of this privacy statement.
- Building and maintaining the customer relationship, including maintaining a direct relationship between the responsible and related financial service providers, including for commercial purposes [basis: 2, 5].
- Handling orders (including invoicing), processing in financial administrations and logistical processing [basis: 2, 5].
- Providing customer service including service support for buying services and products, fulfilling warranty obligations and product recalls for our own services, handling complaints and requests (basis: 2, 3, 4 or 5).
- Maintaining communication in certain cases to proactively contact users in the context of vehicle faults or malfunctions or to schedule service appointments including the provision of mobility services [basis: 2 or 5].
- Conducting market research to improve our operations, brand, services and products [basis: 5].
- Approaching with commercial information. You always have the option to unsubscribe by making an objection. All communication indicates how you can do this [base: 1 or 5].
- Improving the content of our communication by adjusting it to your personal preferences [basis: 5].
- (Further) development and improvement of new and existing products and services [basis: 5].
- Measuring customer satisfaction, providing management information and determining the overall business strategy [base: 1 or 5].
- Providing services on the internet, including providing relevant commercial messages [base: 1, 2 or 5].
- Compliance with legal obligations, settlement of disputes and enforcement of our rights and agreements [basis: 3, 4 or 5].
- Improving data quality using address validation techniques [basis: 5].
- Being able to offer a test drive or temporarily make a vehicle available for both static and dynamic purposes. In this case, we ask you to identify yourself with a valid identification and we – when necessary – make a protected copy of your driving license or identity card / passport for the duration of the use of the vehicle. We do this to establish your identity and to make it possible to make a declaration when there is a suspicion of theft or when there is demonstrable damage or misconduct. [basis: 2].
6. Sharing with third parties
In connection with the implementation of a possible agreement with you, we may have to provide your personal data to parties who supply parts, materials, services and products to us or carry out work on our instructions. Donkervoort will share your personal data with third parties in the following cases and with accompanying reasons. The figure behind each goal corresponds to the basis mentioned in article 4 of this privacy statement:
- with affiliated financial service providers with the aim of offering related financial services [basis: 2];
- with authorized dealers or service points from the Donkervoort distribution network [base: 1, 2 or 5];
- if we are legally obliged or authorized to provide personal data to third parties [base: 3];
- if we suspect a violation of the rights of third parties, of criminal offenses or of abuse, we may provide personal data to third parties with a legitimate interest or to bodies that serve the general interest. These may also be enforcement authorities, such as the Public Prosecution Service or supervisors [base: 3, 4 or 5];
- with parties that assist Donkervoort in its services and are not processors (eg accountants and (legal) advisors) [basis: 5];
If personal data are sent to a recipient abroad, this usually only goes to a recipient in a country that, according to the European Commission, offers a level of protection that is appropriate for personal data.
Links, third-party websites and social media platforms
Our website may contain links to the websites of Donkervoort dealers and service points or other third parties, as well as to social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter (“Linked Sites”). Donkervoort is not responsible and has no liability for the privacy policies or practices of Linked Sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each Linked Site you visit.
7. How long we store personal data
We retain personal data as long as (i) you are a customer of Donkervoort or continue to show interest in our products and services, (ii) we are legally obliged to retain data, or (iii) we are justified in being able to retain data.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us to view your own personal data. If there is reason to do so, you can also request us to supplement your personal data or to change inaccuracies. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or limit the use of your personal data. You can also object to the collection and use of your data or documents and make a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Finally, you can request us to obtain your personal data or transfer that data to another person. To exercise your rights, you can contact us via the contact form or via info [at] donkervoort.com. You can also contact us with questions or for more information about the collection and use of your personal data.
10. Security and protection of data
Donkervoort applies appropriate security measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification as much as possible. Donkervoort has taken both technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. These security measures are periodically reviewed based on threats.
For questions and / or comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact:
Donkervoort Automobielen B.V.
8218 NJ Lelystad
The way we process personal data, and the composition or quantity of data that we process, may change. That is why we reserve the right to change this privacy statement. If necessary, we will inform you of changes.
This statement was last revised on May 24, 2018.